- Choose the site. It could be ground or concrete. In any case you'll need to make supporting walls.
- Put the first layer – cardboard. Be very thorough when overlapping it as you don't want spend too much time fighting with weeds later.
- Put the second layer – Lucerne or hay. Lucerne is more expensive but better as it has more nitrogen.
- Put the second layer – soil mixed with good quality manure.
- Then the third layer – Lucerne (or hay) again.
- Make the holes in the bed and fill them with the soil mixed with manure.
- Plant seedling in the holes. Water.
In the first half year don't plant root veggies (radish, carrot etc.)as your bed will sink about 40 – 50 %. After the first harvest add more Lucerne, hay, soil manure and plant again. Good luck!
Hello. Let me introduce myself: my name is Julia, I have European background, I am mother of three and forty seven years old. I have been eating organic food all my life and I have started my first vegetable garden when I was six years old. I use only Julia's Organic skincare range to nourish my skin along with organic homemade soap.